WEXHAM COURT PARISH COUNCIL
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:
Councillors Robert Aldridge (working), Carl Egan (working),
Sandra Malik (at another meeting), and Shabana Zeib (unwell).
Councillor Munawar Hussain.
Prior to commencement of the proceedings the Clerk proposed that a two minute silence be observed for Armistice Day and this was agreed.
117. APPROVAL OF APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
RESOLVED: That apologies for absence offered in respect of this meeting be approved.
118. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillor Sohal declared an interest in relation to his role as a Borough Councillor.
119. CONSIDERATION OF DISPENSATION APPLICATIONS RELATING TO THE CODE OF CONDUCT
No applications were submitted.
120. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 14TH OCTOBER 2014
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th October 2014 be approved as a correct record.
RESOLVED: That the new Policy of Minutes only containing Resolutions relating to Agenda items be amended to include details relating to Police information, Councillors’ Reports and Public Question Time.
121. MINUTES OF THE SPECIAL MEETING HELD ON 4TH NOVEMBER 2014
This item was deferred pending receipt of the Minutes.
122. APPROVAL OF AMENDED/SUBSTITUTED MINUTES OF ALL MEETINGS HELD BETWEEN JUNE AND SEPTEMBER 2014, IN ACCORDANCE WITH NEW COUNCIL POLICY
This item was deferred to the next meeting.
123. POLICE AND COMMUNITY WARDEN LIAISON
No Police Officers were in attendance. The Community Warden provided updates in relation to monitoring of dog-fouling, fly-tipping, drug-dealing, damage to the new camera in The Cherries, and ongoing problems at the Edmunds Way garage site.
124. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
There were no members of the public present.
125. INFORMATION REPORTS - MEMBERS & BOROUGH COUNCILLORS
The following items were reported/discussed:
· Work in The Frithe was complete and 16 additional parking spaces had been provided.
· A business rates refund of £11,502 had been obtained (less associated fees of 35%) and the rates would be further discounted next year.
· The Parish had been represented at the Remembrance Day Parade.
· It was noted that measurements of grass verges had been taken at the weekend with a view to installing further parking bays in various areas. This would be further investigated.
· A letter in the Press was discussed and it was agreed that the Chairman would respond. A newsletter/leaflet would also be prepared to provide a local update.
126. FINANCIAL REPORT
The Finance Clerk reported the following:
· The Financial Statement for 1st to 30th September was submitted.
· An email had been received from Gary Wren requesting a further payment. Receipts were awaited to reconcile the amounts already paid.
· A report had been received in relation to the boiler damage caused by the building contractors, together with a further report from the heating engineers. The contractor was demanding the remainder of the outstanding balance. It was agreed to retain £3K and send the remainder in full and final settlement. If this was not accepted then a claim on the contractor’s insurance would be progressed.
· The next F&GP Committee meeting would take place on 27th November.
RESOLVED: That the Finance Statement for September 2014 be approved, and authority be given for a maximum of 25 cheques to be signed.
127. APPROVAL OF NEW FOB AGREEMENT FOR PARISH HALL ACCESS TO REGULAR HIRERS
RESOLVED: That a trial period of three months would take place.
128. SECURING OF TENNIS COURTS FOR USE BY WEXHAM RESIDENTS AND STOPPING OF NON-TENNIS ACCESS TO OTHERS
RESOLVED: That the sum of £132.50 be approved to purchase a padlock, chain, and seven keys for access via the side gate.
129. ALLOTMENT REVIEW AND REVISED SPREADSHEET
RESOLVED: That the allotment plots known as 31/32 and 31/32a would now be recorded as plots 31 and 32.
RESOLVED: That the caretaker would be tasked with cutting the grass on Plot 31 and the main allotment path.
The meeting closed at 9.05pm
Click here to return to home page