WEXHAM COURT PARISH COUNCIL
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:
Councillor Robert Aldridge (working).
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
Councillor Sandra Malik was nominated for the position of Chairman, which she duly accepted.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Sandra Malik be elected Chairman for the ensuing Municipal Year.
2. ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN
Councillor Harjinder Gahir was nominated for the position of Vice-Chairman, which he duly accepted.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Harjinder Gahir be elected Vice-Chairman for the ensuing Municipal Year.
3. APPROVAL OF APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
RESOLVED: That apologies for absence offered in respect of this meeting be approved.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillors Malik and Sohal declared an interest in relation to their roles as Borough Councillors.
5. CONSIDERATION OF DISPENSATION APPLICATIONS RELATING TO THE CODE OF CONDUCT
No applications were submitted.
6. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 9TH APRIL 2013
The Minutes of the Meeting of 9th April 2013 were approved as a correct record subject to the following minor amendments, which would be reviewed by the Chairman prior to signing:
· Item 140, paragraph 3 – Statement by an ex-Member that the Council was now failing removed since it was not a ‘public question’.
· Item 145, paragraph 1 – Comment that a member of staff found an item offensive removed since it was considered hearsay.
· Item 147 – Additional wording added to reflect that it was agreed the Annual Report would go to print if no objections to amendments received within 48 hours.
7. MINUTES OF THE SPECIAL MEETING HELD ON 30TH APRIL 2013
The Minutes of the Special Meeting of 30th April 2013 were approved as a correct record subject to the following minor amendments, which would be reviewed by the Chairman prior to signing:
· Item 157, final paragraph – Name of a Member against the motion to be recorded.
· Item 158 – Minutes to reflect that the motion moved by Councillor Malik was carried unanimously.
· Item 161, paragraph 1 – Reference to new Councillor by a member of the public removed as he was not a Councillor at that time.
· Item 162, paragraph 1 – Statement by Councillor Malik reworded, and statement by the Finance Clerk removed.
Under matters arising an update was provided regarding the surrender of the Agreement for Lease, and approval of the relating legal document was agreed.
Councillor Sohal wished it minuted that the Labour Members should not be referred to as a ‘Labour Group’.
8. APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES
a) FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSE COMMITTEE
RESOLVED: That Councillors Robert Aldridge, Trevor Allen, Patrick Donachy, Carl Egan, Raja Fayyaz, Harjinder Gahir, Peter Gerstmann, Sandra Malik, and Shabana Zeib be appointed to serve on the Finance & General Purpose Committee for the current Municipal Year.
b) HEALTH & SAFETY WORKING GROUP
RESOLVED: That Councillors Patrick Donachy and Harjinder Gahir be appointed to serve on the Health & Safety Working Group for the current Municipal Year.
c) NEWSLETTER WORKING GROUP
RESOLVED: That Councillors Trevor Allen, Patrick Donachy and Harjinder Gahir be appointed to serve on the Newsletter Working Group for the current Municipal Year.
d) GRASS VERGE/TRAFFIC AND ALLOTMENTS WORKING GROUP
RESOLVED: That Councillors Patrick Donachy, Carl Egan, Raja Fayyaz and Harjinder Gahir be appointed to serve on the Grass Verge/Traffic and Allotments Working Group for the current Municipal Year.
e) IT WORKING GROUP
RESOLVED: That Councillors Carl Egan and Harjinder Gahir be appointed to serve on the IT Working Group for the current Municipal Year.
f) RESIDENT CONSULTATION WORKING GROUP
It was agreed to appoint a Consultation Working Group when necessary.
g) STAFF STRUCTURE AND HALL BOOKINGS WORKING GROUP
RESOLVED: That Councillors Trevor Allen, Patrick Donachy, Carl Egan, Harjinder Gahir and Sandra Malik be appointed to serve on a new Staff Structure and Hall Bookings Working Group for the current Municipal Year.
h) REPRESENTATIVES TO DEAL WITH HOSPITAL PARKING ISSUES
RESOLVED: That Councillors Trevor Allen and Harjinder Gahir be appointed to represent the Parish Council in matters relating to the hospital parking issues.
i) REPRESENTATIVES TO OTHER BODIES
No BALC representative was appointed since it was not deemed necessary.
ii) STANDARDS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
RESOLVED: That Councillor Harjinder Gahir be appointed as the Council’s representative on the Standards Advisory Committee.
9. DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS
RESOLVED: That meetings of Full Council continue to be held on the second Tuesday of each month (except during January and August when Council is in recess), and that meetings of the F&GP Committee continue to be held quarterly on the last Thursday of the month.
RESOLVED: That hard copies of all meeting documents be sent to Members, the relating costs of this to be included in the stationery budget.
RESOLVED: That Public Question Time be included as Item 6 (following statutory business) on future Agendas.
10. POLICE AND COMMUNITY WARDEN LIAISON
The attending Police Officers provided local updates relating to various matters including traffic control, drug dealing and burglary statistics. They were asked to monitor late night activities in the Dawes Moor Close area. Concerns were also raised about the management of the speed indication devices in Wexham, and vehicles in the Uxbridge Road laybys some of which were being advertised for sale.
The officers were thanked for attending and remained for the rest of the meeting.
11. COMMUNITY GOVERNANCE REVIEW INFORMATION ITEM
Ward Councillor Dar, who was a member of the Review Committee, clarified the process and addressed the Councillors’ questions. The Chairmen of all three local Parish Councils had previously attended a meeting with the Review Committee and the new Chairmen would also be invited in due course.
12. INFORMATION REPORTS - MEMBERS & BOROUGH COUNCILLORS
The following items were reported/discussed:
· A meeting with the Highways Officer would be taking place on Thursday and Members were invited to email Councillor Dar if they had any issues to raise.
· Planting of new trees in Uxbridge Road was requested.
· A charity car wash would be taking place on Saturday at the Tuns Lane fire station.
· Councillor Malik was congratulated on her election as Chairman and the Clerk was instructed to hand over the Chairman’s Jewel at the next meeting.
· The content and completion of an Annual Report was discussed.
· Recording of public meetings by attending members of the public was discussed and the Chairman would check the legality of recordings being made in the public domain.
· A plan for the new play area was provided and the Clerk was asked to include an item on the next Agenda for approval of the project. Councillor Gahir raised concerns about delays, but the Officers pointed out that the final costings for the project had not yet been made available for the Council’s consideration. Councillor Gahir advised that a Deed of Variation and Licence document had been received from SBC to provide permission for the play area to be installed in accordance with the terms of the Lease. This document would need to be formally signed prior to the funding for the play equipment being made available. The Clerk advised that this legal document would need to be checked by the Parish solicitor. A meeting would be arranged with the play area contractors for Members to put questions.
· Quotes were awaited for the Parish Hall toilet renovations.
13. FINANCIAL REPORT
The Finance Clerk submitted the Financial Statement for the 1st to 31st March and invited questions from Members.
A year-end VAT return had been submitted in the sum of £3,111. It had been a quiet financial year which had finished under budget. A meeting had been arranged with the internal auditor and an F&GP Meeting would take place on 23rd May for inspection of the Annual Accounts.
Renewal of the Parish insurance was discussed and approved at a cost of £3,190.11.
The Chairman’s and Vice-Chairman’s expenses were questioned and clarified, and the Finance Clerk was asked to provide a breakdown of the website expenses. Staff salaries and expenses were also questioned, which would be further discussed in Part II, and clarification of the law was requested regarding the gift given to retired Councillor Davies.
RESOLVED: That the Finance Statement for March 2013 be approved, but not the signing of cheques.
14. REPORT OF THE CLERK
A letter of thanks had been received from St Mary’s Church for the Council’s recent donation. The Clerk was asked to submit formal objections to the planning applications relating to the mineral extraction site.
15. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
There were no public questions.
Part I of the Meeting closed and it was Resolved that, in view of the nature of the business about to be transacted, it was advisable in the public interest that the Press and Public be temporarily excluded, and they were instructed to withdraw.
16. APPROVAL OF FEBRUARY 2013 FINANCE STATEMENT
RESOLVED: That the Finance Statement for February 2013 be approved.
17. DATA PROTECTION/DATA CONTROLLER REQUIREMENTS
It was proposed and agreed that, since individual salary figures are excluded from the finance statements, the Finance Clerk should produce an additional sheet for monthly distribution to the Members showing the gross salaries and hours for all staff.
The Finance Clerk pointed out that this would be contrary to the training she had received and that, as Data Controller, she needed to ensure that personal data was secure and could not be shared outside of the Parish Council. The Data Commissioner would be approached for further advice on this proposal.
The Meeting closed at 10.45 p.m.
Click here to return to home page