WEXHAM COURT PARISH COUNCIL
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:
Councillors Robert Aldridge (working), Carl Egan (working),
and Peter Gerstmann (unwell). Borough Councillor Haqeeq Dar.
Councillor Munawar Hussain.
18. APPROVAL OF APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
RESOLVED: That apologies for absence offered in respect of this meeting be approved.
19. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillors Malik and Sohal declared an interest in relation to their roles as Borough Councillors.
20. CONSIDERATION OF DISPENSATION APPLICATIONS RELATING TO THE CODE OF CONDUCT
No applications were submitted.
21. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 14TH MAY 2013
The Minutes of the Meeting of 14th May 2013 were approved as a correct record subject to the following amendments, which would be reviewed by the Chairman prior to signing:
· The Clerks were asked to specify amendments to the Minutes.
· Item 8 f) – Remove wording stating that ‘it was not deemed necessary to carry out resident consultations’, and add that ‘it was agreed to appoint a group when necessary’.
· Item 12, bullet point 7 – Remove wording that ‘Councillor Gahir accused the Clerk of delay tactics’, and replace with ‘raised concerns about delays’. Remove wording that the Clerk’s advice was dismissed.
· Item 17, paragraph 1 – Amend wording to read that it was proposed and agreed to produce an additional finance information sheet.
The Finance Clerk was instructed to prepare the requested information sheet.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Malik be appointed to serve as the Council’s BALC representative.
22. MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 23RD MAY 2013
The Minutes of the F&GP Committee Meeting held on 23rd May 2013 were approved as a correct record subject to the following amendment, which would be reviewed by the Chairman prior to signing:
· Item 5, paragraph 1 – Councillor Allen’s name to be removed as the item did not relate to him.
The Annual Return was considered, in accordance with the legal requirements and timescales set by the auditor. The Finance Clerk read out the Annual Governance Statement for the Chairman’s response. A negative response was recorded to one item in relation to a gift that had been approved for a retired councillor. A report would therefore be required to accompany the submission of the statement to the auditor and it was agreed that Councillor Allen would provide this within the next seven days.
RESOLVED: That the recommendations of the F&GP Committee and the Annual Accounts for year ending March 2013 be approved, and that the Annual Return be duly signed and submitted to the auditor together with the aforementioned report from Councillor Allen.
23. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
A resident enquired why he had not been permitted to hire the Parish Hall at short notice. The Chairman apologised and notified the resident that the Council would be changing the booking system and an internet system would be put in place. Councillor Donachy asked who had decided this since he had not been consulted. The Chairman apologised to him for this and it was agreed that the working group would need to consider the options. The Officers advised that Parish Councils are not permitted to use internet banking.
24. POLICE LIAISON
Sgt Mann advised that operations to deal with antisocial behaviour would be taking place during the summer holidays. Burglary figures had dropped by one third from last year and the specific figures would be emailed to the Chairman.
It was noted that the batteries in the speed monitoring devices needed changing again and Sgt Mann was asked to ensure that these were checked since they did help to reduce speeds on the estate.
A Member had received complaints about Year 11 youths in The Cherries Play Area during school time. The PCSOs were asked to monitor this.
25. PRESENTATION BY NICHOLAS HANNON, SBC WASTE & ENVIRONMENT MANAGER
Mr Hannon presented information relating to the Borough Council’s waste disposal functions and the waste strategy, which included reducing landfill and increasing recycling rates. A consultation would be carried out to assess the views of the public and then consider the options and formulate the strategic document.
Members were invited to put questions to Mr Hannon, to which he duly responded. The Borough Council was commended on its efforts and Mr Hannon was thanked for attending.
26. PRESENTATION BY KAREN FISHER, SBC FLOOD MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Ms Fisher and her colleagues presented information relating to awareness of flooding in Slough. The Borough Council now had new responsibilities in respect of surface water flooding and the Enironment Agency was responsible for rivers. Although the flood risk in Slough was low, it was impossible to completely elimate the risk due to being a built-up area. The team would be looking to engage with the community since information and input from the public and local organisations was essential.
Members were invited to put questions to Ms Fisher and her colleagues, to which they duly responded. They were thanked for attending.
27. APPROVAL OF COSTS FOR NEW PLAY AREA PROJECT, AND ASSOCIATED LEGAL COSTS
The play area project was discussed.
RESOLVED: That the sum of £600 be approved for the legal costs in respect of the Deed of Variation/Licence to change the use of the leased land.
RESOLVED: That Councillors Malik and Gahir be appointed to liaise with the solicitor and sign the Deed of Variation/Licence.
28. INFORMATION REPORTS - MEMBERS & BOROUGH COUNCILLORS
The following items were reported/discussed:
· Maintenance of local trees was required and this would be reported to SBC.
· A number of people had complained that the Parish Hall gates should be opened. The Chairman offered to open and close the gates daily at 8am and 8pm. The Clerk provided the security code.
· Consideration of holding regular councillor surgeries.
· Consideration of replacement football nets at The Cherries recreation area, enquiries to be made by the Chairman.
· Consideration of outdoor fete in Parish Hall grounds, further enquiries to be made.
29. FINANCIAL REPORT
No Financial Statement was submitted at this meeting due to the current year-end arrangements.
An update was provided in relation to recovery of the funds for The Cherries/Knolton Way CCTV system.
RESOLVED: Authority for the signing of ten cheques.
30. APPROVAL OF COSTS FOR ANNUAL MAIN HALL FLOORING MAINTENANCE
Deferred to next meeting.
31. APPROVAL OF ANNUAL DONATION TO WEXHAM BROWNIES
A letter addressed to the Clerk had been received. Councillor Donachy proposed that the sum of £448 be donated to cover the cost of the children’s insurance fees, but the item was deferred since further information was required.
32. APPROVAL OF COSTS FOR PARISH HALL WC RENOVATIONS
Deferred, awaiting further investigation by electrician.
33. REPORT OF THE CLERK
Deferred due to the late hour.
The Meeting closed at 10.20 p.m.
Click here to return to home page